Wednesday, June 18, 2008

2.4.3 Patch Notes

The 2.4.3 Patch is now live on the test realms, and the complete patch notes can be found at MMO Champion.

What at first seems to be a minor patch, arriving with minimal fanfare...is in fact causing a major stir in the community. Why?

Apprentice riding training will now be available at level 30.

This is really huge for all of us altaholics...the biggest complaint I always have with starting a brand new alt is how long it takes to get to level 40 and that first mount. This really makes a lot more sense to me anyway, 30 levels of walking, 30 of regular mount (to 60), and then 10 levels to flight.

As for the rest of the patch notes, here are a few things that I found interesting:

Druid - The cost of Barkskin is going to be reduced by tree of life form? This is great news, I use this in emergency situations with my druid, but often hesitate if I'm going to run low on mana. This should help, I can use it more often.

Paladin/Warlock - Their free mounts will also now be available at level 30. This is good. While it wouldn't be the end of the world for them to use a regular mount for 10 levels, this really fits more with the lore/game flow and is all around a good choice.

Rogue
- Cheat death is getting an overhaul...while it won't be as awesome of a passive ability, it is still pretty powerful. I like the fact that resilience is going to play a part in how much damage is actually reduced, that makes more sense.

This is shaping up to be a good patch all around I think. I hope they implement it soon!

Source: MMO Champion

No comments: