Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Shaman Powers, Activate!

No I'm not playing my shaman...poor thing is still stuck at level 14.

As some of you are aware, we are a wow playing family. My husband and I have been playing the game since launch, and our now 5 1/2-year-old loves the game. He has his own computer and his favorite privilege is his wow time. He's had a bunch of random characters over the last year or so, with various amounts of assistance playing them. Now, he has a shaman and normally, when not playing with mom and dad, he is allowed to cruise the newbie zones (1-20 areas - it's a pvp server...) with chat panes hidden, a guild of his own to avoid random invites, and automatic group/duel refusal. With a little help, he's been able to level his brand new shaman to level 21. He's king of the hill in the newbie zones and spends most of his time running around in ghost wolf form.

Today I had a proud wow mamma moment. My son is playing wow, a few feet away at his computer and, drawn by his yell, I manage to catch the following scene:

A level 8 draenei is being attacked by 3-4 murlocs. My son rushes to his aid, pops out of ghost wolf form, heals the lowbie, and commences shocking murlocs right and left. All the while exclaiming to his monitor:

"Don't worry little friend! I will save you!"

"Shaman Powers Activate!"


I am so proud.

2 comments:

Joel said...

That is adorable. :) I know my 9-year old is nowhere near that skill level so grats on raising the next generation of skilled gamers!

GadgetGirl said...

That is awesome Feather...a true Annarchist in the making. I hope someday I can do something like that with my kid (if I ever have one). How fun!