Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Single Player to Rule the World?

The debate of Single Player vs. MMO seems sort of silly to me. I play MMOs for the social aspect AND content, and single player games purely for content...maybe that's the answer right there.

The people over at www.aoedipus.net have decided to show us what WoW would be like, as a single player platformer, at least graphically ;) They've taken some creative (and crude) liberties with their lore in a game they've (aptly?) named "WTF?!" There are two player choices, a blood elf priest and a gnome rogue. I personally enjoyed the use of super mario "jump" sounds. Currently the level cap is at 10, it will be interesting to see if they develop it further.

Sources: Massively & Broken Toys

1 comment:

Winter said...

I have huge trouble playing any single player game now. I know that any progress I make in the game will be fleeting - In two years I won't be playing that character and showing off his cool gear like in an MMO.