Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Ding 69 and Rested!

My pally is level 69, and I'm fully rested to 70...time to make that final push. It seems to get easier with each alt, or perhaps I just know the quests and zones so well now that I've avoided most of the running around looking for the next thing to do.

This pally has been a blast to play, and for the last five or so levels she's been running duo with winter's little frost mage. Oh my...the AoE...it's crazy! I really like the combination, and all the control it offers.

Tonight we hit Blade's Edge, and 70 is the goal. Yes, I did just say Blade's Edge.

Here are my tricks:

1. Play rested, always. If you aren't rested, find something else to do.
2. Instance. Run every instance you are able to run, as soon as you are able to pick up the quests. This is a HUGE xp and rep boost and cuts back on the quests you need to do. It also gives you gear, that helps make questing easier.
3. Save group quests, and do a whole bunch of them at once, with a group, instead of trying to struggle through them.
4. When possible, have a leveling buddy. Everything is easier with a friend.

This has worked so well for me, with all of my alts since tBC. And in case you're wondering...I head to outland the *second* I ding 58. No waiting. The instance part is vital if you do that though, you need the instance xp to keep you from running out of quests.

Why not finish all the zones instead of instancing? Money. Plain and simply, quests give a lot more money after you hit 70, and they are easier to do if you can fly. Finishing off Blade's Edge, Netherstorm and Shadowmoon is going to be a LOT of $$$.

So, I've nearly reached my goal of hitting 70 with my pally, next up? Doing my elixir mastery quest in Black Morass, and gearing for Kara.

No comments: